Monday, November 17, 2008

MonDAZE

We should proclaim Mondays as Sabbath and don't do any work on that day. This applies especially for us college students who have to get up mighty early to go to school. UGH. And I will tell you why I'm mking such SELFLESS (as I always am) arguments for just may be even deleting Mondays from the week itself! Well..may be I will just tell you how my day went and you can probably relate to my experience and then agree with me!!

I went to sleep around 10 pm...reading a book. I woke up around 6 pm hearing a rather mundane yet heated conversation between my father and my brother. Needless to say, it was very difficult for me to go back to sleep. Cursing my rather sensitive ears, I tried to go to sleep by imagining (I really tried) some things that usually would put me to sleep (content is classified! Why spoil the rather nice image you guys have built about me!) Any way...I tried to wake up..but did not succeed to actually get up from the bed until 7 am. The rest is just blah blah blah and blah.

I got in the car..leaving for school. Halfway through, I had a speculation that I did not have my phone with me. Mind you, this has happened so many times that I am starting to wonder why I even have a phone!!! Any way....so yeah..I did not have my phone with me. I must have left in my bed (where it has established itself a dwelling place due to increasing contact with the bed!). So I am thinking 'I am going to be 3 hours early to school and I don't know what to do'! And studying is not an option! Pssh! That is solely for the unwise!!

So. I will let you in on a secret that might save your life one day: I don't pay attention to the road when I'm driving. I am either looking through the rearview mirror or doing complex math problems in my head or just thinking about random stuff (one of the above three may not be so true!) I don't exactly know WHAT I was doing..but I passed a RED LIGHT. And it didn't just turn red. It has been red for a good minute. It was an intersection. There were cars taking left turn and before I knew it..I was in the middle of the road!!! I did exactly what any panic driver in my position would do: I sped off like there was a flood chasing me! Then I started beating myself up..and slapping my face! I am sure that the drivers around me had a lot of fun watching me (slapping myself)! I am sure that has nothing to do with many drivers changing lanes..ie., getting out of my way!! They were just being nice!! Oh I should note that this happened right in front of the police station!! My luck!!

I arrived at the train station and the train had arrived just then. It stops for no more than a minute. I have to climb down a flight of stairs to get to the lower level. I know what you are thinking. You may be thinking 'HA. Her legs and her buttocks must have gotten to know the stairs quite well.' I hate to disppoint you. That did not happen..to my surprise. I rushed in to the train and it is fully packed like a private bus in Kerala.

I hate being around a lot of people...because I like my space (not because people smell or there are a lot of homeless people in the train!) So I decided to walk to the end of that particular cart and situate myself in a less crowded area. People must have loved me. Some Indian girl decided to walk to their place and make it crowded....standing as though she owned the place..and reading a book in some foreign (weird word! foreign? huh? *sigh* I tell you..it's because it's Monday!) language..and smiling to herself!! I guess the train was running late...so..irritability was not scarce!

I got off the train. Walked to the library. Decided to text my friend through the internet and waited. I waited and waited. I messaged her on orkut. I messaged two other people and no response!!

So I am stuck here at 10:42 am..waiting for my class (which I have not even been to since God knows when!) to start at 12pm. Well..I guess it is a good thing. The teacher needs to be reminded that I am infact a student in her class!! I really could do without it though!!

Then there's lab at 2pm. :O !! I am committing murder!! (refresh your memory on what I have to put up with!)

See you all in hell in a few years!!

P.S. I chose hanging out with friends over going to class....!! Since going to lab is mandatory, I just had to put up with it. But I did get to dissect a cow's eye (was forced to because everyone else was disgusted by it!)! IT WAS WICKED! :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

kollam...redlight problem enikkum undu

Absconding said...

Oh!! athu sheri aavatthillallo!!! You MUST do something about it!! :D

Anonymous said...

okey lets take monday out of the week.. "what will you do with tuesday then?" take off that too??

Absconding said...

ennokke paranjaal eh!! complicated aakkaathadaiy!

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.