Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Beer Date

My friend and I walked into Moe's because she has never eaten there. So we order some stuff that had names that could very well pass for tongue twisters. We walked down the aisle and the EXTREMELY good looking guy asked if we wanted something to drink. My friend looked over and saw what looked like beer, next to the bottled water...in ice.

She: Hey Merin, is that beer?
Me: I don't know. Looks like it. [To the guy] Hey, how much is the beer?!
He: [with a baffled look] That's not beer. That's sprinkled water.
Me: Oh. Surely looks like beer. [I was convinced that he just didn't want to sell me the beer.]
He: It's sprinkled water.
Me: [To my friend] Maanam poyi [Loose English translation: Embarassing!]
He: You shouldn't drink on a weekdays. Only drink during weekends. You are students.
Me: Well..we don't really drink..but..emm....Sprinkled water comes in beer bottle look alikes?
He: Yeah! Would you like to have one?

To hide the embarassment, my friend was forced to buy one sprinkled water for both of us while I bought out lunch.

It tasted like soda. But I liked it.

Bitching, Beans, Nachos, and Beer - nice combination!

5 comments:

Raz said...

machi, sprinkled water means soda! :)

Absconding said...

*blushes*

Shows how much I know about water and soda!!!!

Now that I have embarrassed myself... let's move on!

Haha...in my defense..I don't drink anything except 'regular water'!!

Eeek! haaha!

m said...

You know girl...u don't need a father...only a BF...so don't go to that place again!

N.V.Prashanth said...

That's Sparkling Water I believe. Never heard of Sprinkled water!

Absconding said...

:O

Or did he say 'sparkling' water?

No no! He said 'sprinkled'!

What the heck?!!