Monday, October 27, 2008

Those who force me to sin...

I had my Anatomy and Physiology lab today. It was really cold outside and I really would rather be anywhere except in lab. Less than a month more of whining, and I will be out of there for good. Can't wait.

Have you ever been in a class that you really really REALLY hate and there are additional factors that make you hate the class even more to the point where you feel like plucking the fine hairs from your chin? Pssh. Admit it, you Indians. You know that we are hairy. Read on and may be you can get a gist why I was extremely irate today.

Let me introduce you to the know-it-all, repeater, and the smacker.

The know-it-all is not of rare species. She is repeating the class for she failed to get a decent grade the first time. Let me remind you that 1/8th of the class falls in the same category. Well, I don't know the rest of the 1/8th of the class. But I'll just talk about this particular organism. Our T.A. (Lab instructor aka Teaching Assistant) is Indian. So, of course has an accent - a thick one that is. This girl takes it on herself to make sure that everyone else understands him by CLARIFYING what he says further by adding additional information. I don't want to hear any more than what I want to know - ESPECIALLY in this class. Oh, also this girl starts screaming out answers as the T.A. is asking a question. I mean, let the guy finish his question. Half of the time, she gets the answers wrong. And apparently, she recuperates fast! And then, as the T.A. is teaching, the girl has the audacity to talk to her table-mates. If she were whispering, I can understand that because..I mean..let's face it. The class is boring. But no. She is talking so loud to the point where I feel like I have to chip into her freaking conversation.

I am mouthing 'SHUT [insert swear word here] UP', my table-mate joined me in rolling eyes and showing her frustration in any manner that she could. We even used sign language. I mean. HONESTLY! You are retaking the class. You are showing off your knowledge as though someone in the blessed world is interested. CAN IT, WOMAN!! CAN IT!!! And make it a point to get a decent grade this time. AAH! I strongly believe that the T.A.'s smirk had a lot to do with my non-verbal gestures (to myself) to show my frustration.

Oh. The repeater is a trip. She is the one who makes it a point to repeat every information that the T.A. oh-so-solemnly burdens us with. For example, let's say that the T.A. says something like, "So, the Gluteus meatus lies above the Gluteus maximus." Out of nowhere, you hear this "So, are you saying that the Gluteus meatus lies above the Gluteus maximus."! I'm like 'WHAT THE [insert swear word here]'! The dude barely finished his sentence and out pops the question. Honestly. What?! At times, one really can't help but to wonder if there's a way that you can kick her 'Gluteus maximus' back to Lala land.

Next, the smacker. The most annoying one in the group, probably. Yeah. Fine. Chew gum until Kingdom comes. I don't give a damn. But stop popping and smacking gum IN THE MIDDLE OF THE lecture when everyone is quiet (except the know-it-all, of course) and stop making me leap off my seat! She smacks her gum. Then, within minutes..she does it again...WITHOUT WARNING. And I get a heart attack every time she does it becomes she has graced me with her presence by sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME. And she has her mouth wide open and she is chewing gum. So, if we are taking a quiz, I can't even hear myself thinking..all I hear is 'njam..njam....POP...POP....njam..njam...'! It is not long before someone glues her mouth shut!! When there are plethora of ways to entertain oneself, she just had to choose this!! This really is asking for murder!

It's called common courtesy or decorum or whatever that you want to call it. Oh. May be even COMMON SENSE. Use it!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol. thanks for the laugh!

Absconding said...

:) Thanks for stopping by!!

And emm..you're welcome!