Monday, October 20, 2008

Expectations?

A friend once told me that I will be disappointed when I expect, especially in relationships. He said that when you have no expectation, you are rarely disappointed. I gave it a lot of thought. I tried to relate that to my relationships with people. And to my surprise, I found myself agreeing with the guy. It is ONLY when I expect something from others that I am disappointed.

Then again, even if you don't expect anything from a relationship...you must be understanding of each other's feelings, though. One must think "Am I being a good friend by fulfilling my duties as a friend?"! What is a relationship if it does not have some common grounds about courtesy, maturity, affection, kindness, etc.?

Is it really worth it to constantly shed tears over something that you THINK is meaningful? Is it really worth it to hold on to something that you question often? What purpose does it serve to know how important you are to the other person? Is it normal to have doubts?

May be..just may be...it might be time to let go!

3 comments:

N.V.Prashanth said...

It is 300% true that only expectations cause disappointments. This not only applies to relationships. But whats life with out expectations and disappointments?

Absconding said...

Prashanth dear..I realy could do without some disappointments! :D

N.V.Prashanth said...

You could...yeah! But a man/woman can never be satisfied and there again comes disappointments! So its parcel of life no matter what we get.

I, by no stretch of imagination, mean that your expectations were high. It was just a thought!