Friday, April 18, 2008

The people that add flavor to my life..

Usually, I have issues with admitting my feelings. But today, I am not holding it back. I must announce to the entire world that I have the best friends in the entire universe and I love them to death. They have helped me so much during the past four months. They've been so understanding and patient with me.

Shakespeare nailed it: (From Sonnett 30)
But if I think of you while I am in this state of sadness, dear friend,.
All my losses are compensated for and my sorrow ends.


In the past few days, I realized how much my friends mean to me. I want to share how amazing they are...because...they just are!! :D They have inspired and motivated me so much. They have more faith in me than I have in myself.

A.M. - The one who is extremely patient with me. He is one guy who makes himself available whenever I 'want' and 'need' him to. I feel extremely comfortable around him. Someone to go to when you want to have a sensible and long conversation. I can call him at any odd hours and he probably won't pick up. He'll call back and I'll make him feel guilty. The apologies that I get from is infinite! He's so genuine! He's an absolute gentleman with hazel eyes. He's never gotten annoyed at me even though I've given him more than enough reasons to do so. He's the only friend that I tend to be too stubborn around, but he has always kept his cool.........so far.

A.C. - The only person on earth who thinks exactly like me, who acts exactly like me, and even talks like me. I've known her for almost 5 years and our relationship is stronger as days go by. I can be a complete idiot around her and she probably will do the same. We check out this particular guy every tuesdays and thursdays and we are definitely not discreet. I think he's getting scared of us. It scares me at times to see how similar we are.

C.L-N. - My Vietnamese sister. She and I can relate to each other regardless of our differences in views. She has so much faith in me and is the perfect source of motivation and inspiration. One of the most hardworking people that I know and smart too.

D.G. - Someone that I can't delineate in a few words. A guy that deviates from the stereotypical guy image. Someone who's a philanthropist who is always ready to help. He's one guy that I can't figure out. He has an integral role in my sanity. He has influenced me in a plethora of ways that I dedicate all my optimism to him and him alone. I respect him so much that I can't even call him by his name.

S.J. - A friend who is not like an elder brother, but IS an elder brother. The one who watches out for me. The one who is more than willing to beat someone up for me. The one who is always there for me when I'm in need. The one who respects my opinions and tolerates me.

S.T- A friend who advises like a mother. A friend who loves me like a sister. A friend who scolds me like a brother. A friend who cheers me up like A FRIEND. She's all-in-one. A sensible human being who is very intelligent who gives me a new perspective on every issue that I bring on to the table. An individual who's been there for me selflessly.


Every single one of them is unique in his or her own way. They all have one thing in common, they are all my friends. None of them know each other (except S.T. and S.J. - they communicate via orkut). I like it that way as well. Having mutual friends can cause dramas and melodramas. Haha. Me and my weird 'mis'conceptions.

I love my friends. They are an asset to my wonderful life. I'm extremely thankful for them.

4 comments:

The Maverick Blog said...

:) a cute post dedicated to ur friends... Also I partially agree to ur Mutual Friends philosophy...

Certian friends make us feel very spl coz they always provide us with a safe space to share our thoughts and aspirations without the fear of being misjudged! They Rock :)

Absconding said...

:D well thank you!!

Some of my friends do complain that I keep a lot to myself..hehe! Oh well!!

Yes..they certainly do rock..and I LOVE them!

m said...

friends are great...but i like to make all my friends connected to each other...i am not so possesive and do not like to keep people for myself and think it is more fun if lot of people are together....

And about ur A.C....reminded me of my college days...one of my friend and me been many days late to the first period since we use to wait for a particular bus...inside the bus is a guy whom we check out every day....some days the bus was in correct time but some times it was late...

It's fun sometimes...in my case only very few sometimes...that some of my friends and me agree with a guy..usually the tastes are quite different...but the fun part of all this thing this when the guy realises that he is being watched but utterly confused and lost as to whom he should smile and talk to.... days of insanity but fun...

Absconding said...

@ ela

Not having mutual friends do not have anything to do with possessiveness. In fact, I'm the least possessive person on earth. Throughout my life, I've realized the bitter truth that having mutual friends causes a bit of drama and wanted or not..I was always dragged into it. I'd rather not have that happen again!

It's funny because all these people that I've mentioned are EXTREMELY different from each other (in personality, views, mindset, et al.). At the same time, they somehow wound up being my friends!! If introduced to each other, I don't think that they'll find each other so 'interesting'! :D

I have no problem introducing them to each other..may be one day.. they shall all see each other!

This particular guy always gets on the elevator (which is next to the sutden lobby) at a particular time. I dared my friend to get on the elevator with him and follow him to his class. She was a bit too late so she couldn't catch up with him last time. But this week, she's SO DOING IT! hehehe! :D Insane? yeah! Fun? heck yeah! Thriller? MOST DEFINITELY!