Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sivaji, The Boss

Ok! I had to overlook the fact that a human can't possibly eat that many peppers and still smile for a good minute (without drinking water and not crying). I had to overlook the fact that a guitar will be torn to pieces when someone's hit by it. I had to overlook the fact that a drum can't possibly hold a 65+ kg man on top of it WHILE in a stunt. I had to overlook the fact that there's no way that a person can have an impeccable aim from a 10 storey building and have a coin land on the forehead of a person lying below. I had to overlook the fact that Sivaji's credicard only had 12 numbers. I had to ignore the fact that Sivaji was ambidextrous (for various reasons). But I just COULDN'T get over the CPR scene that was behind the revival of Sivaji!!

I have never seen a Rajinikanth movie before. I had always wondered what the whole fuss about him is. I got the answer today!! I understand, people. I understand why he has the entire Tamil nadu as his ardent fan! Look at the guy. He's 60+ years old and he is one hell of an actor!

Now to the movie:

Plot was quite a stretch. You have to ignore some things, you have to look beyond certain others, and you definitely have to put gravity aside. The movie speaks the story of a person who WANTS to do good for the society and actually DOES something too - that's the moral of the story; that's the underlying theme of the movie! I loved that! Oh yeah..I love how tamil movies make a

I think I liked the movie because there was a fine balance between humor and action. The song 'Athiradee' IS HOT!!! Oh my gosh..A.R.Rahman is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved these dialogues:

"chinna pasangaa paakkom pogumsivajikkitta venda GO GO
six-kku appuram seven dasivajikkappuram evan da" - I THINK that I got the words right..! But yeah..I got the idea though!!

'brainikkonnum aakayille?' - haha..! This dialogue of Cochin Haneef was hilarious!!!!!!

Bachelor of Social Service! - :D

'full mealsaiy koduckkuaarango' - Vivek is hilarious!!!

'I like it...
Ethuka?
Unga...Ootthapallu' - :D


As a person who's never seen a Rajini movie before; as a person who has never completely seen a tamil movie before...I've got to say..I'm impressed! :D I never thought that I could see a balance between humor and action! :D

Thalaivar Vazhga!!!

10 comments:

Kavitha Jay said...

Its very hard to dislike him :)

u must watch Thalapathi..thats one of his best movies.
..Thalaivar vaazhga..

Absconding said...

Thalapathi eh!! You know what..I'll watch it in the next couple of days (if not today)! :D Thanks!!

He seems to be a very genuine guy.. by the way!! :D

The Maverick Blog said...

Welcome to the world of Rajinikanth!!! :D

The movie is more fun to watch in theateres with his fans.. I watched this movie, second day while I was in Atlanta... Believe me, it is my best experience in a cinema theatere so far!!

Thalapathi is highly recommended and if u liked Sivaji, u will love Baasha :D..

Thalaivar Vaazhga!!! :D

m said...

Hmmmmm......then u should see other tamil movies....our heroes are not like most of urs.....our ones all defy nature's rules high time...they can create fire by rubbing their fingers and give electric shock to electricity itself....

Rajni has inherent sense of humor and ofcourse, Thalapathi is the last best movie from him....

Absconding said...

@ Sunil

Well..thank you!! :D Yeah man..I bet people will go head over heel when seeing the movie. Tamil makkal are quite spirited. Malayalees aren't, though. :D So.. I'm sure that it'll be a VERY different experience for me. One day.. I'll watch one of his movies in the theatre! :D

:D Baasha eh...old movie? Ok..Thalapthi is first in the list! :D

@ ela

Oh yeah. I had to put gravity, friction, drag, thrust, and other physics terms aside! :D Still..I enjoyed the movie!! It definitely was a change from the banal malu movies..!

N.V.Prashanth said...

I strictly recommend "Captain" alias "Vijayakanth" movies. Tamil action movies start from his movies... any day!! :P

Its hard to hate Rajinikanth!

Slogger said...

Prashanth -
Comedy Kemedy panuliya?

Anyhow, Welcome to the club, I still don't know why I like him!! But I do...

rantravereflect/ jane said...

thalaivar's teh besttt!!!
n i missed out on sivaji!!!
whyyyyyyyy-ohhh-whyyyyyy!!:(:(:(

he's one heck of a guy!

Raz said...

THALAIVAR ROCKS DA!

Unknown said...

hi was reading thru this, saw the comments too, but everyone speaks of the style and facts but everyone missed out on couple of points, rather add this too..
1)this actor have never won a national award, but still there is no actor across the globe to pull in the initial commercial pull of this man!
2)the big names in bolloywoods host a party coz thier latest movies is a hit and collected 25 crores, our man flop movie made somewhere around 40 crores!!
3)keeping aside the common language english, "thala" got a huge fan following in Japan and his movie muthu was screened in a theatre there..
and it goes own.. ;-) THALA ROCKS..