Sunday, August 17, 2008

No one else seems to be available. So I will just vent here. You guys have always had intelligent retorts to even my not-so-intelligent posts.

Ever since I was young, I wanted to be a doctor (Cliche'..I know! Can't help it.) I'm not sure if I've always worked hard to achieve that goal. But recently, I have been working hard. I guess you can say that it has paid off (I'm still not convinced!). Cutting the long story short, I got into medical school. Now to the difficult part...

I'm not second guessing myself. I'm not sure if I actually will succeed in medical school (given the difficult curriculum). Worse yet, I wonder if I can be a good doctor.

Am I getting cold feet?

Is this something normal??

Normal or not..I hate it!!

6 comments:

m said...

Ever since i was a child, my parents wanted me to become a doctor....i ditched them right royally becoz my mind was not in it!

So congratulations and don't stress urself...right now u have to celebrate that u achieved stepping the first step towards ur dream....just maintain the passion and everything else will fall into its place!

N.V.Prashanth said...

Achieving your dream is some thing prolific and the sense of achievement is so exciting and fulfilling. Sink in to that mode of self-appreciation and do not wonder abt any thing else now!

One wise man once said, "People feel life is miserable because they do not celebrate when they ought to."

N.V.Prashanth said...

And Merin.. you know who the wise man is!

The Maverick Blog said...

Feel happy abt what u have 'achieved' till now... That will make u feel much better and boost you to complete your achievement.. Thats the power of now...

And dreaming is different from worrying.. Dreaming is healthy but not worrying (I know u wud be thinkin look whos sayin)... But tats ok... Advice is the only free thing tat people get in this world... :D

Jina said...

congrats!!!finally ur hard wrk paid off...
do wat ur heart n mind says..sometimes they contradict each other..but believe me..u will find method in the madness

Absconding said...

@ ela

:D Thank you. It seems like time does put some sense into me. :D Thanks for the words of motivation, darling.

@ prashanth

At times, don't you think that it is just human that we tend to doubt ourselves? That wise man is one heck of a man! :D

@ sunil

And your advice is PRICELESS, sunil! :D *hugs*

@ jina

Thanks, babe! It's not at all possible to press the 'easy' button in life..is it? ugh!! :D It's ok! I'll find a way and survive..... :D